Learn more about Scarlet SRF
WAVE continues to be a leader in plastic surgery and aesthetics for nearly 20 years. Dedication to patient care and safety has always been our highest priority, and we also believe in utilizing the latest technology.
We’ve been getting a lot of questions about one of the newer technologies we use, Scarlet SRF.
What is Scarlet SRF?
First and foremost, scarlet is loved by patients because it will:
- Diminish acne scars and active acne
- Smooth out lines, wrinkles, and deep folds
- Tighten the skin
Scarlet is really about treating the skin, and one of the reasons it is so effective is the fact that it uses fractional radiofrequency energy. This treatment is further heightened through its delivery method, microneedling.
The microneedling allows for precise depths to be reached within the skin. Depending on where the treatment is occurring, the depth range can be customized from .5mm to 3.5mm.
Stimulating Collagen Production
The precise depths and the fractional radiofrequency energy serve a very important role in helping patients achieve incredible results. Simply put, the treatment helps stimulate collagen and elastin production.
As you may know, collagen production slows as we age. Thus, as time passes, the skin increases in laxity and loses that suppleness that is often associated with youth.
Scarlet SRF helps restore that elastin and collagen thereby firming and tightening the skin.
Hair Restoration with Scarlet SRF
While Scarlet is great for treating the skin, it can also be used as a hair restoration treatment. WAVE pairs Scarlet with the patient’s own platelet-rich plasma (PRP) to stimulate hair growth.
Essentially, the patient will have blood drawn and that blood will then go into a centrifuge. During this process, the PRP will be separated from the blood and then, using Scarlet, applied directly back to the scalp.
Check out this video of an actual WAVE patient getting this exciting hair restoration treatment!
Getting Scarlet SRF Treatment
Most patients typically see the best results in 1 to 3 treatments with Scarlet treatments. It varies based on where patients are getting treatment and the overall desired result.
While everyone is a little bit different, most patients experience minimal to no discomfort during their treatment.
You’ll Love Scarlet SRF
Scarlet SRF is a non-surgical procedure that patients can’t stop talking about. It has been FDA cleared, has no downtime or bleeding, and it is safe for all types of skin.
Want to see if Scarlet SRF is right for you? Schedule a consultation to meet with our expert staff here at WAVE. We’ll answer any questions you may have, explain the procedure in detail, and let you know if Scarlet is the right procedure for the results you are looking to achieve.
Call us today at (888) 674-3001 to schedule your consultation.
• Current or history of skin cancer, or current condition of any type of cancer.
• Pregnancy and nursing.
• Impaired immune system due to immunosupressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV.
• Use of Accutane within 6 months prior to treatment.
• Endocrine diseases, such as diabetes, that has not been well managed.
• Psoriasis, eczema or chronic rashes.
• Avoid NSAIDS/ Blood thinners 1 week prior to treatment.
• Avoid irritant topical agents (retinol, HQ) for 2-3 days prior to treatment.
• Stop anticoagulants 7-10 days prior to treatment.
• Ensure treatment area is clean of makeup and lotions.
• Treat skin gently over next several days.
• Cleanse with gentle cleanser.
• Use recommended Post Care treatment for 48-72 hrs. Keep skin hydrated.
• Avoid harsh irritants such as retinol for 48 hrs as it may irritate the skin.
• Avoid strenuous activities for 24-48 hrs.
• Make-up may be applied 48 hrs after treatment.
• Avoid direct sun and use SPF daily.